|Happy New Year!|
It's that time of the year again... the beginning of the year that is. Wishing all my readers a Happy New Year! Choicest Games has made it to 2021, despite having considerably less time to do just about anything nowadays (I suspect having three young kids is going to do that to you, and this year was a full year with three of them unlike the last).
As it was with previous years, last year, I made some blog-specific new year resolutions in terms of what I was planning to achieve for 2020. But first, let us see what was actually achieved in 2020 along with some of the other highlights:
- 144 posts were published in 2020 which has been the lowest number of posts in many years. There's also been a huge drop in reviews as I only got around to publishing 26, as opposed to previous years where I've posted between 41-54 reviews.
- I've continued with the Pile of Shame Sunday posts and so far 117 games have been crossed off the Pile of Shame list. This means that I'm currently at 9.4% of games having been crossed off the Pile of Shame, which is a slight improvement, but not helped by the fact the number of games on the Pile of Shame has increased to 1234!
- The annual 10 Most Anticipated PC Games list was completed for 2021 and I again created a PC Game Music Covers and Remixes post for 2019.
This year it seems I've managed to complete 3 out of 4 of my new year resolutions: I completed a Top 10 list last year, I published a Most Anticipated PC Games List of 2021 (with the help of Lanna) and I continued my weekly VGM Monday and Pile of Shame Sunday segments.
I failed in reaching the modest goal of 36 reviews this year (3 reviews a month). Taking care of three young kids is definitely taking its toll to the point that even the modest goal set for last year was unattainable. However, I anticipate that VGM posts will stop this year since I'm running out of free game soundtracks to feature. Consequently, I will again cut back how many reviews I aim to do, and I'll now aim for one per fortnight (or 26 in a year). Hopefully I'll be able to surpass it this year but if I don't that's cool too.
So what are my resolutions going to be for 2021?
- To now aim for 26 reviews in 2020 (or 1 per fortnight)
- To continue the Most Anticipated PC Games List for 2022
- To continue with my weekly segments: VGM Monday and Pile of Shame Sunday
- To complete a feature article for this year (e.g. a Top 10 list, Top 100 list, etc.)