|Happy New Year!|
It's that time of the year again... the beginning of the year that is. Wishing all my readers a Happy New Year! Choicest Games has made it to 2022, despite being even busier than last year (which I thought would be impossible).
As it was with previous years, last year, I made some blog-specific new year resolutions in terms of what I was planning to achieve for 2021. But first, let us see what was actually achieved in 2021 along with some of the other highlights:
- 86 posts were published in 2021 which has been the lowest number of posts in many years. There's also been a huge drop in reviews as I only got around to publishing 16, as opposed to previous years where I've posted between 41-54 reviews. I even managed to post 26 reviews last year and this was still too many to achieve.
- I've continued with the Pile of Shame Sunday posts and so far 132 games have been crossed off the Pile of Shame list. This means that I'm currently at 10.4% of games having been crossed off the Pile of Shame, which is a slight improvement, but not helped by the fact the number of games on the Pile of Shame has increased to 1262!
- The annual 10 Most Anticipated PC Games list was completed for 2022 and I again created a PC Game Music Covers and Remixes post for 2020.
- I've actually slightly revamped the style of my reviews which you mave have noticed with the You Must Build a Boat review and the Conquests of the Longbow review. The flow of the review is slightly different too as I've now decided to abandon the pros and cons list format I adopted over the past few years and revert to something more akin to other review websites where the audience is told a story instead of provided a factsheet of information.
This year it seems I've managed to complete 3 out of 4 of my new year resolutions: I completed a Top 10 list last year, I published a Most Anticipated PC Games List of 2022 (with the help of Lanna) and I continued my weekly Pile of Shame Sunday segments.
I failed in reaching the modest goal of 26 reviews this year (one review per fortnight). Taking care of three young kids is definitely taking its toll to the point that even the modest goal set for last year was unattainable. This is even after the end of Choicest VGM posts too. Consequently, I will again cut back how many reviews I aim to do, but not by much since I think a couple of reviews per month (i.e. 24 in a year) should still be an attainable objective (and if it drops any less, I'm really not going to make a dent in my Pile of Shame at all). If I manage to hit my target this year, that will be a big win.
So what are my resolutions going to be for 2022?
- To now aim for 24 reviews in 2022 (or two per month)
- To continue the Most Anticipated PC Games List for 2023
- To continue with my weekly Pile of Shame Sunday posts
- To complete a feature article for this year (e.g. a Top 10 list, Top 100 list, etc.)
Post a Comment