|The Ryder twins are back in business|
The following post is part of a series of posts that are published every Sunday to update readers on what Mark G has been up to with respect to finishing off games on his "Pile of Shame". The games to target are picked by Choicest Games contributors Choona, Luke and Lanna. As I'll be talking about my progress through these games, there may be spoilers ahead, especially for games containing a narrative. Consider yourself warned.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Picked by Lanna
- Percentage Complete = 80%
Here's a summary of what I managed to do in Mass Effect: Andromeda this week:
- Managed to colonise every potential planet for the Initiative thanks to settling an outpost right next to New Tuchanka on Elaaden. I decided to play nice with the Krogans and surrendered a Remnant drive core to them.
- Saved the first human baby born in the Andromeda galaxy.
- Completed Peebee's loyalty mission. She basically ejected an escape pod (with Cora, Ryder and herself) into a volcano in order to recover a Remnant artifact. A race to the artifact takes place between Peebee and her old flame Kalinda and she eventually has to do an Indy Jones and the Last Crusade where she has to decide between saving the artifact or Kalinda. She chooses to save Kalinda but you actually have the option of shooting Kalinda which would assumedly force Peebee to save the artifact - although I didn't take the shot so I guess we'll never know!
- Infiltrated the Archon's ship and found the location of Meridian. I also saved the Salarian Ark in the process as well as their Pathfinder. Drack wasn't too impressed that I chose to save the Salarian Pathfinder instead of his captured scouts who were up for "exaltation"
- Gave Jaal's "true mother" a hug and met his enormous family
- Cora showed her gardening project on Eos (and in the process, she confirmed we were just "friends". Nooooooooooo)
- Very briefly met Gil's best friend Jill
- Ruined Vetra's hopes that we had a romantic relationship going. Poor Vetra.
- Spent a lot of time with inventory management and crafting (as usual)
- Discovered about Commander Shepard and the Reapers!
- Gave Sara Ryder (Ryder's sister) a hug as she is now out of her coma. Talked to her about Mum and Dad (Alec Ryder and Ellen Ryder).
- Discovered that Ellen Ryder is still alive in one of the stasis pods - but it's still too dangerous to bring her out of stasis as there is still no cure for her condition yet.
In terms of the main storyline, I'm now doing a "Star Wars: Rogue One" where all the Pathfinders are planning to get to Meridian without help from the Nexus (as the Nexus leadership reckons the mission is too risky and will not help their cause).
Company of Heroes 2
- Picked by Luke
- Percentage Complete = 53%
Completed Mission 8 in Company of Heroes 2 which involves taking out a Tiger Tank and then capturing it for further study. I managed to take out the Tiger tank using two anti-tank guns and four squads of Anti-Tank Rifle Guards. I also tried placing mines hoping I could lure it into a trap, but it probably wouldn't have worked - and even if it did work, it would've taken a helluva long time since the Tiger is damn slow. The second half of the mission involves defending the Tiger tank while it gets repaired and then exfiltrating out of the village. Resistance involves multiple squads of machine gunners, anti-tank squads, half-tracks and a few tanks. Thankfully, since I had a good balance of mortars, Guards, anti-tank guns, engineers, snipers and a half-track (not to mention the Tiger tank itself), I managed to get the tank out unscathed and with only minimal casualties overall.
World of Goo
- Picked by Choona
- Percentage Complete = 30%
Not really much to say here. I played with the goo some more and I'm now probably halfway through the second chapter. Making good progress, considering it's a puzzle game.
[ The Pile of Shame ]