|This guy seems a bit too happy recalling his memories of Stalingrad|
The following post is part of a series of posts that are published every Sunday to update readers on what Mark G has been up to with respect to finishing off games on his "Pile of Shame". The games to target are picked by Choicest Games contributors Choona, Luke and Lanna. As I'll be talking about my progress through these games, there may be spoilers ahead, especially for games containing a narrative. Consider yourself warned.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Picked by Lanna
Highlights of this week include:
- Finding the Turian Ark and encouraging Avitus Rix (after some coaxing) to be Pathfinder due to the actual Pathfinder (Macen) being dead. 15,000 Turians survived out of 20,000 but it seems like the Ark was in no condition to return to the Nexus under its own power so not quite sure how they ferried all those cryo pods back to the Nexus. Squadmates said absolutely nothing during this mission which was a bit disappointing, especially considering I bought Vetra along.
- Unlocked a depressing SAM memory where it shows Ryder's mum dying. It also happens to be another cutscene where male Ryder sees his sister conscious and walking around.
- Voeld now has over 60% viability and an outpost that smuggles ice off world. Surprisingly the Angarans don't mind the Initiative colonising one of their worlds.
- Had a bar fight with Drack on Kadara – it was glorious.
- Completed Liam's loyalty mission which was hilarious. It was like a humourous buddy cop film.
Company of Heroes 2
- Picked by Luke
World of Goo
- Picked by Choona
I've managed to get through most of the first chapter this week with little in the way of complications until the final level (for the chapter, not the entire game). I've spent a good half an hour trying to figure out how to do it despite a hint saying it's actually easier than it looks. If I recall correctly, I managed to get past this level the first time I played this game many years ago, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it now. I've tried building at a 45 degree incline and building a tower, hoping it would fall down nicely as a drawbridge of sorts – neither plan has worked so far. If I continue to fail at progressing through the game, I could be reviewing World of Goo very soon...
[ The Pile of Shame ]