Why it might be good:
- It's XCOM! That means you get to be part of a team dedicated to fighting the alien threat.
- Not many games would have you using Grease guns against aliens!
- The developers are at least capturing many elements from the original such as researching new technologies and squad member experience giving benefits
- Like Syndicate, remains to be seen if changing the genre to FPS will make or break the game.
- The abilities you get seem arcade-like unlike the focus of previous XCOMs that focused on realism and hard sci-fi.
- Campaign seems more linear than the previous X-COM games.
- Unsure if there is any management or strategy at all. Part of the fun of X-COM was ensuring that your financial backers were happy enough with your progress to continue your funding. Also you were able to construct bases around the world and purchase which vehicles to use.