3. Guild Wars 2
Why it might be good:
- It's still subscription-free!
- Now you get to play as different races
- Each of your characters can have a tailored background story that offers different perks/benefits
- Jeremy Soule is back to score the soundtrack
- It's taking a long time to release the game. While it's good to have a polished game, they can't afford to wait too long unless they want to risk the game being obsolete on release.
- Arenanet are taking a lot of risks re-defining the MMORPG genre. I for one applaud it, but will it work? And will they convince others to give it a go?
2012 (Closed Alpha and Beta have apparently started)