2. Diablo III
Why it might be good:
- Diablo III is to the Diablo series what Starcraft II is to the Starcraft series: it's one of the most anticipated games ever
- Experience the dark fantasy world of Sanctuary once again, where angels are at war with demons.
- Blizzard are known for releasing well polished games (although it must be said that Starcraft II wasn't exactly up to their usual standard)
- The runestone concept sounds choice. You get to modify your abilities and even their appearance through the use of runestones.
- Followers which are similar to Heroes in Guild Wars.
- PvP arenas which are similar to Guild Wars.
- The new graphical style may not appeal to the hardcore fans of the original two games
- Potions now have a cooldown which is different to the previous games where you can quaff them like there's no tomorrow. Remains to be seen how this will affect gameplay.
- The Auction House sounds like a sneaky way of introducing micro-transactions for the game.
- No Matt Uelmen to score the soundtrack