9. War of the Roses
Why it might be good:
- Team multiplayer game where you can fight using medieval weapons!
- Apparently it has persistent stats and a levelling system to unlock new weapons - a bit like Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- One of Paradox's developers, Tale Worlds, already has experience in creating a game with melee combat. If they can tap into this pool of experience they're already halfway there.
- Lead and Gold, which War of the Roses will borrow many elements from wasn't exactly a resounding success.
- While there is single player, the focus is on the multiplayer - so if you don't like multiplayer, it'll be a waste of money.
- Apparently you fight from a third-person perspective so this may turn off first-person purists
2012 (best guess)