That's right folks. Pretty exciting news but Blizzard has announced Diablo III! Just like with Starcraft II, it looks like they're going for the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it... much" formula giving players the same view as in previous Diablos, with similar gameplay except better graphics. Sounds like this game is going to be a real competitor for Guild Wars 2.
Some info about the game so far:
1. Five distinct classes to choose from. The Barbarian and Witch Doctor are the first confirmed classes.
2. Game once again takes place in Sanctuary.
3. Set 20 years in the future from the previous Diablos.
4. Environments will still be randomly generated.
5. Co-op gameplay is the focus, as always.
6. There'll be several familiar characters in the game (including Deckard Cain)
7. Some places you visit will be new while others are from previous Diablos (like Tristram)
8. You'll now be able to pick male or female for a class.
9. Unfortunately (as always) Blizzard is hush-hush about the release date.