|Unlike other RPGs that tend to be set in fantasy universes, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is set in the real world of the 15th century|
Okay, now we're entering the business end of this 10 Most Anticipated PC Games of 2017 list since we're now at #3. This game is no stranger to this list either, having featured not once, but twice before. Kingdom Come: Deliverance started off as a Kickstarter Project by Warhorse Studios (formed by Daniel Vávra of 2K Czech fame and Martin Klima who was a producer at Altar Games, Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive) back in 2014. The campaign successfully raised £1,106,371 in funding and has been in development for the past 2-3 years, so we're still patiently waiting for this one to be... um... delivered (no pun intended).
So what makes this game so special?
- Realistic setting: Bohemia in 1403
- Cutting edge technology: The game will be using the CryEngine and motion capture
- Realistic swordplay: Apparently they even managed to hire some experienced swordfighters in an attempt to make the swordplay as realistic as possible
- Your reputation matters: Every choice you make with respect to conversation and deeds has an impact on your reputation which is important as it spreads quickly by word of mouth. Are you ruthless and bloodthirsty, or charming and benevolent?
- Multiple solutions to problems: You can solve problems either with diplomatic skills or brute force
- Historical battles: You can apparently participate in historical battles
So you can clearly see this is not your average run-of-the-mill RPG and it's got a good team behind it too. Choona has already backed the project while Luke and I are keen to see how this game turns out.
4 out of 8 votes
Mark, Luke and Choona
[ LINK: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Official Website ]