Why it might be good:
- Tim Schafer is behind some of the best adventure games ever created including Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. He also worked on the critically acclaimed Psychonauts.
- This was the first gaming-based Kickstarter to raise a huge amount of dough, raising more than $3 million. That means they have the resources to make a great game.
- Unlike other gaming Kickstarters, Tim Schafer has been continuously developing games since the Golden Age of point ‘n' click adventures. This has a high chance of succeeding.
- Tim Schafer's games are at best set in unique worlds but to some these worlds are a bit too weird for your average gamer.
- The huge budget means there are great expectations from Double Fine to deliver an awesome game.
- Will players find the animation style jarring or will they embrace it?