Why it might be good:
- If they could tap into the mood and background story of the original, they may be onto something.
- Return of the persuadertron, in a sense.
- Nice to hear them using the original (albeit remixed) Syndicate music in the launch trailer. Hopefully there'll be more tributes to the original in the game.
- 4-player co-op is apparently going to emulate the original 4-cyborg squad experience.
- The original was a tactical squad-based strategy game while this is an FPS. That means it could be dumbed down.
- Will the breaching mechanism add value to the game or just be a cumbersome annoyance?
- Might be too soon after the return of another well-known cyberpunk series, Deus Ex.